Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: favorite head type-bass-tom-snane...etc  (Read 152 times)
sticksofury989

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« on: February 14, 2009, 07:46:55 PM »

What is you preferred drumhead for bass, tom, and snare both batter and resonant. personally i'm fond of aquarian superkick 2's as batter and remo ebony 3.5" ported front for the bass drum, evans g-plus's for batter and evans ec resonants on toms, and evans genera dry batter with evans glass 500 resonants.
drumfreak
Administrator

OfflineOffline

Drumfreak

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 11:01:44 AM »

Hey there!

That all depends on the sound I'm going for. I've tried several types of heads to include Remo, Evans and Aquarian.

On my kicks, I like Evans EMAD (1 or 2) heads (when the retaining ring for the muffler doesn't break) on the batter side and I put an Aquarian Super Kick Resonator on my resonate side.

Snares, usually a remo ambassador. 

Toms, usually 1 ply clear, or 2 ply coated on the batter side, and a resonant head on the bottom (or g1 clear, or gplus).

Drum Freak
Drummer Connection Founder
Drummer Connection Developer

king
Administrator

OfflineOffline

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 10:12:39 AM »

For toms I like Evans EC2 clear on top, Genera resonant on bottom. For the kick I like either the 2 ply EMAD or the Aquarian Superkick 2. Snare:Evans Genera HD Dry on top, Hazy 300 on bottom,. I also like REMO Ambassador,or Aquarian Studio -X.
I'm not TOO picky when it comes to heads but I do have my preferences. I don't get into alot of the fads like colored drum heads,I'd rather try them out at a music store before ending up with buyers remorse.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: