Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: How often do you break drumsticks?  (Read 4550 times)
king
Administrator

OfflineOffline

View Profile Email
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2009, 11:19:17 PM »

Pro Mark does make great sticks. Like you I play a lot of rim shots but my sticks don't chew up at the shaft like some do, they just split right down the shoulder. I should play more towards the shaft because it's killing my sticks and I don't beat them THAT hard.
sticksofury989

OfflineOffline

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2009, 07:32:18 PM »

i have a terrible problem with just playing too hard in general...i hand lathed a pair of solid aluminum drumsticks and i put them through a 2-ply evans 10" tom head. then i broke one of the sticks when i did an overly enthusiastic rimshot and put a sizable dent in my snare rim at the same time. before i made the sticks i used vic firth 5a's a lot and i mean a lot a lot...i could go through 10 pairs in a month and a half but after a lot retraining myself i've been quite satisfied with ahead tommy lee signatures. i like the feel, the weight, and the fact that i go through one pair every 4 months...lol ya i have a serious problem. but hey...me play drums...me hit things...
king
Administrator

OfflineOffline

View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2009, 10:18:08 AM »

I like the 747 too. They're similar to a 5A but not as big as the 5B. I sometimes switch between the hickory and the oak. The oak they use is VERY durable. I also tried the Mike Portnoy stick and really liked the feel it had, but in the end it was just a little too light for me.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: